Urology & Urosurgery
Urology & Urosurgery - Urosurgery Centre in Nashik
What is Urology?
Urology is a surgical procedure which deals with the treatment of diseases related to urinary tracts of male and female and male reproductive organs. APEX Wellness Hospital is Urosurgery Centre in Nashik with a team of experienced urologists.
Health professionals who are trained to diagnose, detect and treat this group of diseases that urologists can treat include affecting the kidneys, ureters (tubes connecting the kidneys and bladder), and adrenal glands. Diseases, bladder, and urethra (tubes that drain urine from the bladder). For men, urologists can also treat diseases of the testicles, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis.
The field of urology includes medical treatment of diseases such as urinary tract infections and enlarged prostate, as well as surgical treatment of diseases such as bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney stones, and stress urinary incontinence.
Who is a Urologist?
Urologists treat and diagnose urinary tract diseases in men and women. They also diagnose and treat any diseases involving the male reproductive tract, and in some cases, they can perform surgery. For example, they can remove cancer or open up blockages in the urinary tract. The urinary tract is the system that produces, stores, and discharges urine from the body. The urologist can treat any part of the system. This includes:
- The kidney, which is an organ that filters waste from the blood to produce the ureter.
- The ureter is the tube through which urine flows from the kidney to the bladder.
- A tube which is the urethra through which urine flows.
- The route of urine from the bladder to the outside of the body is the adrenal glands, which are glands on top of each kidney that release hormones.
Urologists also treat all parts of the male genital system. The system includes the subsequent parts,
- The penis which transports the sperm out of the body and releases urine.
- The prostate, which is the gland under the bladder, which adds fluid to the sperm to produce the seminal vesicles.
- These are the two organs that are oval in the scrotum which produce the hormone testosterone and produce sperm.
What type of surgeries do Urologists perform?
Urologists have also received training in different types of surgery. This may include:
- A biopsy of the bladder, kidney, or prostate.
- Cystectomy, which includes removal of the bladder to treat cancer.
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, which includes breaking up kidney stones to make it easier to remove them.
- A kidney transplant, which involves using healthy kidneys.
- The procedure to replace the diseased kidney to open the blockage.
- Repair the poorly formed urinary organ.
- Prostatectomy, including removal of all or part of the renal prostate to treat prostate cancer.
- Sling surgery involves using a mesh belt to support the urethra and keep it closed.
- Transurethral resection of the prostate includes transurethral needle ablation to remove excess tissue from the enlarged prostate.
- Ureteroscopy from prostate cancer including the use of endoscopes to remove kidney stones and ureteral vasectomy to prevent pregnancy, including cutting and tying the vas deferens, or the tube through which sperm passes to produce semen.
Why Choose APEX Wellness Hospital?
Our surgeons at APEX Wellness Hospital is one of the Best Urology Hospital in Nashik with a team of the best urologists in Nashik and have years of experience in performing surgical procedures. Urologists at Urosurgery Centre in Nashik will help you to improve your quality of life and play an important role in providing eye care.