Nephrology - Kidney Stone Treatment Hospital in Nashik
What is Nephrology?
Nephrology is an internal medicine specialty that focuses on the treatment of diseases that affect the kidneys. You have two kidneys. They are located under the ribs on both sides of the spine. APEX Wellness Hospital is the Best Kidney Stone Treatment Hospital in Nashik with a team of experienced Nephrologists.
The kidneys have several important functions, including:
- Maintaining the body’s electrolyte balance, and Removal of waste
- Releasing hormones that control blood pressure and remove excess fluid from the blood
The possibility of kidney failure is even greater than that of liver failure, mainly due to chronic health problems that occur at the same time. Kidney disease can develop from existing health problems, such as diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and high blood pressure. It can also lead to the development of high blood pressure and heart disease, even if you have not had these conditions before.
Chronic kidney disease can also cause health complications such as anemia, osteoporosis, weakened immune system, or irregular heartbeat. This causal relationship shows how important it is to have healthy kidneys and proactively see a nephrologist who can treat and manage any of your kidney problems.
A nephrologist can develop a management plan to help you overcome a poorly functioning kidney. In some cases, kidney damage can even be reversed if detected and treated early.
What diseases do the Nephrologists treat?
Nephrologists treat diseases that involve or affect the kidneys, directly or indirectly. Some common diseases treated or assisted by nephrologists include:
- Advanced or chronic kidney disease
- Glomerular diseases, such as glomerulonephritis and nephrotic syndrome
- Tubular interstitial kidney
- Tubular defect
- Vascular kidney disease, such as kidney Arterial stenosis,
- Kidney infection
- Kidney tumor
- Abnormal growth
- Structure or function of the kidney, bladder, or urine collection system, such as kidney stones
- High blood pressure
- Autoimmune diseases involving the kidneys
- Electrolytes, fluids, and acid-base Imbalance
- A metabolic disorder, for example as diabetes
What procedures do Nephrologists perform?
The most common tests that nephrologists used to diagnose or monitor the condition of the kidneys are blood and urine tests. The kidneys filter excess fluid and waste products from the blood to produce urine. This means that blood and urine tests can usually reveal whether the kidneys are working properly. Urinalysis can also detect abnormal protein levels in the urine that are associated with kidney damage.
- Blood tests for glomerular filtration rate (GFR) – This test measures the ability of your kidneys to filter blood. GFR began to fall below normal levels for kidney disease.
- Serum creatinine – Creatinine is a waste product, and its content is higher in the blood of people with renal insufficiency.
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) – Like creatinine, high levels of this waste product found in the blood are a sign of kidney dysfunction.
- Urinalysis – The urine sample can be tested with test strips to determine the pH and whether there are abnormal amounts of blood, glucose, protein, or bacteria.
- Albumin/creatinine ratio (ACR) – The urine test measures the protein albumin content in the urine which shows the sign of kidney dysfunction.
- Urine collection for 24 hours – This method uses a special container to collect all the urine you produce within 24 hours. This sample can be further tested.
- Creatinine clearance rate – This is a measurement of creatinine in a blood sample and a 24-hour urine sample. It is used to calculate the amount of creatinine that leaves the blood and enters the urine.
Procedures In addition to reviewing and interpreting the results of your laboratory tests, the nephrologist can also perform the following procedures or work with other experts to perform the following procedures:
- Imaging tests of the kidneys, such as ultrasound, CT scans, or dialysis X-rays
- Dialysis catheter placement
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney transplant
Why Choose APEX Wellness Hospital?
APEX Wellness Hospital is well known as the best Kidney Stone Treatment Hospital in Nashik and provides best-in-class treatment for the kidney and also has years of experience in performing surgical procedures for different surgeries. At APEX Wellness Hospital all the nephrologists are specialized in diagnosing and treating diseases related to the kidney.