Orthopedics - Best Orthopedic Hospital in Nashik
What is Orthopedics?
Orthopedics is a medical field that mainly focuses on the care of the musculoskeletal system. The system consists of muscles and bones, as well as joints, ligaments, and tendons. APEX Wellness Hospital is the Best Orthopedic Hospital in Nashik and also is well-known as one of the Top Joint Replacement Hospital in Nashik with experienced Orthopedists.
People who specialize in orthopedics are called orthopedic surgeons. Orthopedics use surgical and non-surgical methods to treat various musculoskeletal problems, such as sports injuries, joint pain, and back problems.
Orthopedic diseases can be treated with drugs, physical therapy, exercise, alternative therapy, or through a variety of surgical procedures for surgical and non-surgical treatment, including some minimally invasive surgery, so the trauma to the body is less than open surgery.
The treatment is to protect or restore the musculoskeletal system.
Doctors who specialize in plastic surgery are called plastic surgeons, although not everyone performs surgery. Plastic surgeons are qualified to diagnose and manage or treat musculoskeletal system problems that affect the body, bones, and soft tissues (ligaments, tendons). In addition, orthopedic surgeons can recommend rehabilitation methods to patients that can improve the effectiveness of treatment. It can also provide patients with effective orthopedic education and guidance to prevent orthopedic injuries and diseases.
What does the Orthopedic doctor treat?
Orthopedists treat various musculoskeletal diseases. These conditions may exist from birth, or they may occur due to age-related injuries or wear and tear.
Some of the more common conditions that orthopedic doctors can treat are as follows:
- Arthritis caused joint pain
- Ligament injuries or muscle injuries
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Congenital diseases such as clubfoot and scoliosis
When to see an Orthopedic doctor?
Many muscle and joint pains are short-term. It will go away on its own, especially after the injury, but if the pain lasts for more than 12 weeks, you may want to consider seeing an orthopedic doctor, especially in the following cases:
- Feeling unsteady when walking or standing, or
- One who is facing difficulties to perform daily activities, such as climbing stairs or doing any exercise.
What type of procedures do Orthopedists perform?
Before recommending surgery, orthopedic surgeons usually focus on non-surgical treatment first.
Some types of non-surgical treatments include:
- Exercise – Your orthopedic surgeon may recommend specific exercises or stretching exercises to help maintain or improve your strength, flexibility, and range of motion in specific areas.
- Immobilization – Sometimes, preventing additional pressure on an area can help it heal. Some examples of fixation techniques include braces, splints, and plaster.
- Lifestyle changes – Your orthopedic surgeon can also help you make lifestyle changes. These may involve changing your physical activity, diet, and exercise patterns to prevent injury or deterioration.
Sometimes, the condition or injury does not get better after taking conservative measures. In these cases, surgery is recommended by your doctor or orthopedists. Some examples of procedures performed by plastic surgeons include:
- Joint Replacement – Joint replacement surgery involves the replacement of damaged or diseased joint parts, usually caused by arthritis. Examples include knee replacement and hip replacement. Internal fixation.
- Internal fixation – It involves placing hardware such as pins, screws, plates, and rods to help hold the fracture in place as it heals. This involves the use of bone graft material plus some type of internal fixation to connect two bones. As the bone tissue heals, it fuses into a piece of bone. This technique is commonly used in neck and spine surgery.
- Osteotomy – Osteotomy is an operation that involves cutting a part of the bone and then repositioning it. This type of surgery is sometimes used to treat arthritis.
- Soft tissue repair – This type of surgery is used to repair severely damaged muscles, ligaments, or tendons. Release surgery. This is an operation for carpal tunnel syndrome. Help relieve symptoms by reducing the pressure on the median nerve.
Why Choose APEX Wellness Hospital?
APEX Wellness Hospital is Best Orthopedic Hospital in Nashik with professional and experienced orthopedists. It is also a Top Joint Replacement Hospital in Nashik with an experienced team that performs surgical procedures that will help you to improve your quality of life and increase your comfort level.