Oncology - Best Cancer Hospital in Nashik
What is Oncology?
Oncology is the study of medicine that diagnoses, prevention and treats cancer. Cancer develops in the body and spreads to various organs. APEX Wellness Hospital is known as the Best Cancer Hospital in Nashik with the best and experienced team of oncologists.
Who is Oncologist?
A physician who treats manages patient care and works in the field of oncology is an oncologist. Oncologists perform various scans, x-rays, endoscopies, and ultrasound methods to detect cancer. Nuclear medicine can also be used to diagnose cancer, as can blood tests or tumor markers.
The field of oncology has three significant types: medical, surgical, and radiation.
- A medical oncologist treats malignant growth utilizing chemotherapy or different drugs, like designated treatment or immunotherapy.
- A surgical oncologist eliminates the tumor and close by tissue during a medical procedure. The person additionally plays out specific sorts of biopsies to help analyze malignant growth.
- Radiation oncologists treat malignant growths with radiation therapy.
Different kinds of oncologists include:
- A gynecologic oncologist treats gynecologic tumors, for example, uterine, ovarian, and cervical diseases.
- A pediatric oncologist treats malignancy in youngsters. A few sorts of malignant growth happen frequently in youngsters and teens. Kinds of disease more normal in kids now and again likewise happen in grown-ups.
- A hematologist-oncologist conclusions and treats blood malignancies, like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
What Causes Cancer?
There is no single cause of cancer. Scientists believe that many factors combine to cause cancer. The factors involved may be genetic or environmental. The prognosis, treatment, and prognosis for childhood cancer are different from adult cancer. The main differences relate to survival and cause of cancer. The 5-year survival rate for childhood cancer is approximately 83%. For adult cancer, the survival rate is 69%. It is believed that these differences are due to the fact that childhood cancers are more sensitive to treatment and children can be treated more aggressively. Survival rates vary with age, cancer type, and stage of diagnosis. Childhood cancer begins with stem cells, or usually stem cells. These cells can produce other types of specialized cells that the body needs. Rare cellular changes or mutations are usually (sometimes) the cause of childhood cancer. In adults, cancer cell types usually consist of epithelial cells. Epithelial cells cover body cavities and body surfaces. Over time, exposure to these cells can lead to cancer. For this reason, cancer in adults is also called acquired cancer.
Following are the common causes of causes,
- Smoking and Tobacco
- Diet and Physical Activity
- Sun and Other Types of Radiation
- Viruses and other Infections
Different Types of Cancer
- Carcinoma – Carcinomas are the most common type of cancer which starts in epithelial tissues. These are the cells that cover the inside and outside surfaces of the body.
- Sarcoma – Sarcomas start from the bone or the delicate tissues of the body, including ligament, fat, muscle, ligaments, sinewy tissues, and other connective tissue. Sarcomas are nearly uncommon in events and are arranged into two classifications Soft Tissue Sarcoma and Bone Sarcoma.
- Leukemia and Myeloma – This type of cancer starts in the blood-shaping tissue of the bone marrow are called leukemia. These diseases don’t frame strong tumors. All things being equal, enormous quantities of unusual white platelets (leukemia cells and leukemic impact cells) develop in the blood and bone marrow, swarming out typical platelets. The low degree of ordinary platelets can make it harder for the body to get oxygen to its tissues.
- Lymphomas – Lymphoma is cancer that starts in the lymphatic system of the body. The presence of these cells is in lymph nodes, spleen, thymus, bone marrow, and other parts of the body.
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumor – Tumors can be formed in the brain and spinal cord in the central nervous system. Some tumors of the brain and spinal cord are slow-growing and stay potentially not harmful for a lifetime. The most well-known type of mind tumor is known as Glioma, which is created from glial cells in the cerebrum.
Why Choose APEX Wellness Hospital?
Our surgeons and surgical oncology teams at APEX Wellness Hospital which is well known as the Best Cancer Hospital in Nashik and have years of experience in performing surgical procedures for many different variants of cancer, which includes advanced and complex tumors. Our Oncology Hospital in Nashik also includes the use of surgeries to control pain and will help you to improve your quality of life and increase your comfort level.