General Surgery - General Surgery Hospital in Nashik
What is General Surgery?
General surgery is a surgical procedure performed by physicians or doctors. General surgeons not only perform operations for various common diseases but are also responsible for patient care before, during, and after operations. Every surgeon must begin training in general surgery; many then continue to focus on another specialty. APEX Wellness Hospital is one of the well-known General Surgery Hospital in Nashik with highly qualified surgeons and well-trained staff to handle general surgical cases.
General surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal contents, including esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, appendix and bile duct, and usually thyroid (according to local reference standards). They also deal with skin, Diseases of nasal sinuses, soft tissues, trauma, peripheral arteries, and hernias, and perform endoscopies such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
Who is General Surgeon?
A general surgeon specialized and have knowledge about surgical operations. Surgery is any procedure that changes body tissues to diagnose or treat diseases. General surgeons are part of the surgical team, which also includes anesthesiologists, nurses, and surgical technicians. You will discuss the procedure with the surgeon before the operation.
What does a General Surgeon do?
Some operations require a surgeon who specializes in certain things, such as a heart (heart) surgeon or a neurosurgeon (brain surgeon), but not all. General surgeons understand the basic areas of surgery. They are:
- Digestive tract
- Abdomen and its contents
- Skin and soft tissues, including sinuses
- Head and neck
- Blood vessels and heart
- Endocrine system (hormones and glands)
- Cancer surgery Treatment
- Surgical treatment of trauma
Nowadays, most general surgeons are familiar with minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopy. Laparoscopic surgery involves much smaller tools, including a miniature camera, which allows the surgeon to see what is happening in your body. These specialized instruments mean that surgeons can make much smaller incisions than traditional surgery.
General surgeons have a broad understanding of many different diseases and conditions. They will advise you whether you need surgery and what type of surgery is appropriate.
What are the common procedures General Surgeons Perform?
- Appendectomy – Surgeons use this treatment to treat appendicitis or removal of the appendix.
- Breast surgery – If your doctor suspects breast cancer, you may need breast surgery. Breast surgery can also treat non-cancerous tumors that distort or cause breast problems. Some of the more common breast surgeries include Breast biopsy, lumpectomy, and mastectomy.
- Colon and rectal surgery – Surgeons perform operations on the colon and rectum to treat various diseases, including bowel obstruction, cancer, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, injuries, and Hemorrhoids.
- Esophageal surgery – The esophagus is a hollow tube from the mouth to the stomach. Since the esophagus plays a vital role in the digestion process, esophageal problems can affect nutrient intake and overall quality of life.
- Gastroenterology procedures – General surgeons perform various procedures to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal diseases (GI).
- Hernia repair – Hernia repair is the surgical correction of hernia. A hernia occurs when an organ or other structure protrudes from a weak area in a tissue or muscle.
- Varicose Vein Resection – A general surgeon can remove large, twisted varicose veins that protrude through the skin.
- Thyroidectomy – The thyroid is located in the front and lower neck of the neck. This gland produces hormones that are important for metabolism.
- Spleen Resection – The spleen is an organ located next to the stomach on the left side of the body. He has several important jobs. Destroy damaged blood cells. Help prevent infection.
- Wound repair – Many wounds will heal over time or through medication. More serious injuries may require the attention of the surgeon.
Why Choose APEX Wellness Hospital?
APEX Wellness Hospital is well known as the best General Surgery Hospital in Nashik and provides best-in-class treatment and also has years of experience in performing surgical procedures for different types of surgeries.